"If you can't handle my worst, you ain't getting my best."

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Miley Cyrus


Like every little girl a few years ago, I was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan. I knew all the songs by heart and never missed an episode. Hannah was my role model! She was just a typical girl who got bullied at school and who a lot of people thought would never do anything worth noting, but when she put on that blonde wig, she became an international pop sensation. It was the perfect story.

Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana


Having fallen in love with Hannah Montana back then, I have always kept up with Miley Cyrus, the actress who portrayed Hannah on Disney. The Miley of my childhood and the Miley of today are two completely different people.

Miley During Her Hannah Montana Days


Looking back on Hannah Montana, Miley was an okay actress. She's still an okay actress, but there's nothing spectacular there which is probably why she still hasn't gained as much fame as say Britney Spears or fellow Disney channel stars, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez.

Miley is also an okay singer. Nothing completely amazing and a lot of her songs have the same beat/feel to them.

Despite all of this, I have always remained a Miley fan...a Smiler. But Miley's latest behavior has gotten me to like her less. She's been doing songs with will.i.am and Snoop Lion. She's constantly tweeting provocative pictures and talking about how dope she is or how big her butt is. (Is it just me or does she have a typical, FLAT white girl butt?)






Okay. I am a huge rap fan. People like Nicki Minaj, Drake, and Chanel West Coast are my idols. So I'm not upset with Miley for trying to be urban, but I am upset with the way she's doing it. It's like she's acting this way for attention and it is coming off as ridiculous and absurdly fake. It's okay to be into that music and try to imitate it, but Miley is trying to be the stereotypical black girl in this case and it is NOT right. I mean, Chanel West Coast is a white female rapper but does she act like Miley is? No. She is probably one of the most real people I know. Even Nicki Minaj is more real than Miley at this point.

Nicki vs. Miley as Nicki has vowed to go natural


Chanel West Coast


Then there's the whole haircut thing. Miley used to have long, brown hair and I thought she was gorgeous. Then she had it cut shoulder-length and dyed blonde. She still looked pretty. But then she chopped her hair off - even using a razor on her head - and went platinum. I never thought the length of a person's hair would affect their looks so much. Miley though, doesn't look pretty at all with her new haircut.

Miley's New Hairstyle


Miley's latest music video for her single "We Can't Stop" was so over the top that it actually made me laugh. The music video was the worst thing I have ever seen and completely pointless. All it showed was Miley shaking her butt (twerking), making out with a doll, and dancing around in barely there clothes. It was a disgrace to every artist out there. Seriously?



Any thoughts on Miley's new "adult" look?

Links:
Miley Cyrus Vevo
Miley Cyrus Twitter
Nicki Minaj Vevo
Nicki Minaj Twitter
Chanel West Coast Twitter
Chanel West Coast Youtube
Snoop Lion Vevo
will.i.am vevo
will.i.am twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment